The game we will have these main features;
- The main aim of the game will be feeding the animals (the black ones in the Figure), which are the same kind and identical (size and color are the same) and continuously moving, in the screen. After feeding the animals there will be no change in the appearances of the animals. So the user should concentrate on which animal did he/she feed before, which he/she didn’t.
- The number of fodder is equal to the number of animals on the screen. The user should feed each animal only once. If not, the user has time punishment (the time, which begins from 0 and counts from the beginning of the level, will increase suddenly).
- The animals can have different speed and move features. For example, some of them movequickly on the screen, some of them are slow and moves by jumping.
- According to the value in the Beta brainwave bar, we call it “concentration-meter”, the difficulty of the next level will be decided. For example, if the user’s concentration level is very high during a level, in the next level the number of animals to feed will more rapidly increase.
- The main aim of the game is feeding the moving animals by clicking over each of them and keep this feeding time as short as possible, which means keeping the concentration state of the user as long as possible.
The main data objects in the BCES related to the game are;
Brainwaves : This data object has a name, representation (density), unit and range attributes. This data object can be inherited as Delta, Theta, Alpha and Beta brainwaves.
Game Levels : This data object has a name, representation, quantity and parameters(such as the number of animals, the movement type of them, time to finish the level..) attributes.
- Game Level Completion Time : This sub-data object has range and quantity attributes. When the user consumes all the fodder, time will stop for that level. As mentioned previously, the time starts counting from zero for every second and if the user feed the animals that he has fed previously more seconds will be added to the current time. For example while counting seconds one by one, if this situation occurs, an extra 5 seconds will added to the time variable. If the time will be out of the previously decided range, for example the user are not feeding the animals for a long time during the training, then level will end and next level will be decided considering this lack of concentration stage.
- Game Level Score : This sub-data object has range and quantity attributes. While feeding the animals that has not been fed before, an +10 points will be added to the score variable. Feeding wrong animal that has been fed before will not contribute to the score.
User Data : This data object has a name, representation(including age and password variables) and
parameters(User Rank, User Concentration Experience) attributes.
- User Concentration Experience : This sub-data object has range and quantity attributes. At the end of each level, the user will gain concentration experience according to the time that the user completes each level and score of previous level variables.
- User Rank : This sub-data object has only a name, quantity and range. And after this concentration experiences reached the decided upper bounds, the rank of the user will increase one by one. In other words, if the user’s rank value is high then this means that this user has high ability of being in concentration state for long time. In this situation, this high ranked user has completed the levels in shorter time and got more scores in each played level by being concentrated during these levels not to make mistakes.
The process between brainwave and game level runs as in the following.
-In a game level;
- After feeding each animal on the screen, 3 seconds will pass to enable the animals change their position and during this time interval the user can not feed the animals and should wait and observe the animals to feed.
- The concentration-meter will show the amount of Beta Brainwaves of the user. This information will come from the BCID and some mentioned transformations following to it.
- While playing the game, according to the moving number of animals in the screen, the user will be expected to concentrate on the level. Meanwhile, the value in concentration-meter will change naturally. Because human cannot be fully focused in what he is doing all the time.
- While feeding the animals (correct or wrong), the time and score will be changing continuously. These time and score features of the levels makes the application more resembled to the usual computer games.
- When the concentration-meter reach the top limit, the color of the remaining unfed animals will be lightened for one second. This is an award for the concentrated users. All the values of the Beta brainwaves during time of the level will be represented as graphically (the descents and rises) in the analysis tab and be kept in the user database for long-term feedback.
- Deciding next level;
- The difficulty stage of the next level will be calculated according to the cumulative average of the concentration-meter during the completion time of the previous level. Because the level of the Beta brainwaves in the concentration-meter is changing all the time.
- There will be a constant incrementation in the number of animals for the next level(for example 2 animal more), but by taking into consideration of the cumulative average of concentration state of the user, this incrementation will be additionally more.(instead of 2 animal, increase 5 animal)
- According to the completion time of previous level, the user will gain concentration experience. If this experience is enough to jump to next rank, the rank of the user will be increased by one. So the completion time and concentration experience are inversely correlated.